Customer: Carlisle Wide Plank Floors
Number of Employees: 111
Number of Employees: 111
Carlisle Wide Plank Floors manufactures high quality, long wide plank flooring both direct to customers and to businesses. Manufacturing is done in New Hampshire. Most of the materials (99%) are sourced in the US and 99% are sold to US-based clients.
The company has several showroom locations across the country: Boston, MA, Chicago, IL, Dallas, TX, New York, NY, San Francisco, CA, Stoddard, NH, and Washington DC.
Brian Ford is the Director of IT and is responsible for implementing and supervising all internal solutions that they build in-house, including integration or introduction of new software, phones, networks and hardware.
Amanda Lockwood is the Client Partner Manager and her core responsibilities are managing the customer service team and the customer experience for the business. She manages a call center of eight team members who take customer inquiries and orders.
“Internally, my team loves PDCflow because it was two separate processes before. We were chasing a lot of things. That was highly inefficient."
Before PDCflow’s Flow Technology, Carlisle was using two separate vendors – one to electronically send a contract for approval and a signature, and another to collect a deposit on an order.
Working in two different software systems created extra pressure on the customer service team, who often had to follow up with a customer several times because either the contract was signed but no payment was made – or vice versa.
Due to the quantity and size of the orders, Carlisle requires customers to verify that orders are correct and then sign off on their approval. Once a customer signs off, payment on the order is required before the order is processed and shipped.
Main points of concern Carlisle needed to address were:
Reduce the amount of follow up and work the customer service team needed to do to get an order approved and a deposit or payment on the order.
Create a smooth customer experience for clients/customers to review contracts, approve and sign, and submit a payment. It needed to be easy, especially since they manufacture a luxury product where white-glove service is expected.
Establish a smooth process for the customer service team. Ideally, this meant having one software that can accomplish both needs (getting a contract signed and capturing a payment) in one workflow.
Reduce PCI compliance and fraud risk.
Carlisle began using PDCflow's Flow Technology to request a signature approval along with down payment in a single digital workflow.
Combining both halves of the process:
- Eliminates the need for separate software vendors for payment and signature capture.
Simplifies reporting, keeping track of both parts of the workflow in a single place.
Reduces the need for manual follow-ups for those who used to only complete one half of the signature and payment process.
Decreases the time and effort they must spend training staff to use their software tools.
"Our clients are quick to let us know when there's a problem, so the fact that happens so rarely with PDCflow is indicative that this is a much better process for our clients."
“The main reason we changed to PDCflow was because we wanted to find a company who could encompass the whole process. Because at times, our orders are quite large, many thousands of dollars, we need customers to sign off. Once they’ve signed, they are taken to a collection page where they can enter their credit card and make a payment .”
– Brian Ford, Director of IT
With PDCflow, Carlisle was able to:
- Eliminate the need for follow-ups on accounts where only half of a workflow was complete.
- Reduce the amount of software tools it takes to complete their tasks, the company has cut down on training time, staff tasks and costs.
- More easily satisfy high-end customers and provide white-glove service through a fast, secure, simple workflow for payments and contract approvals by email, text message, web chat, or in person.
- Allow customers to enter their own payment information which cuts down on PCI compliance risk and ensures greater security for Carlisle and its customers.
- As PCI compliance is in large part handled by PDCflow, Carlisle doesn't need to store any sensitive payment information in their internal systems.
- Carlisle has been able to achieve a 74% completion rate of contracts with a payment sent in one workflow with Flow Technology.
“PDCflow enables us to be more PCI compliant so we are not storing any of that sensitive information in our internal systems.”
Want to know more about PDCflow Software?
Press ▶️ to watch our explainer video