Between the business regulations, HR concerns, and TCPA rules directing your internal policies and procedures, it’s hard to believe there is more your call center should think about. However, taking payments means there are multiple payment processing compliance rules your business must follow too.
Keeping all of your regulations straight is time-consuming. That’s why many call centers have begun to leverage technology like PDCflow’s Flow Technology to help them manage compliance and improve call center payment processes.
What is Flow Technology?
Flow Technology empowers call centers to send outbound requests (called Flows) directly to customers through secure email and SMS.
Your call center agents can mix and match any and all Flow components – payment requests, document delivery, esignatures, and photo uploads – to create the ideal payment workflow for you and your consumers.
Components of FLOW Technology
Sometimes taking a payment is a simple process. Other times, interacting with a consumer means sending and receiving documents, requiring signature authorizations and more. Taking these actions, keeping PCI compliance top-of-mind, and maintaining a high-quality customer experience can be challenging.
By using Flow smart requests, call centers can combine multiple actions into a single request, cutting down on time and simplifying the process for consumers and staff. This communication method also follows many common types of compliance, making training and monitoring processes easier for management.
With Flow, business call centers can:
- Request credit card and ACH payments - Send payment requests while on the phone with a consumer to guarantee a completed payment. This keeps your agent-assisted payments out of PCI scope and reduces risk for your call center.
You can also send reminders with a payment link to capture more payments from consumers that prefer to interact through email and text, rather than a phone call.
- Send documents - Send documents in a quick, secure process. Instead of mailing or faxing, your business can use Flow to ensure fast document delivery that only the intended party can access.
- Request legal wet signatures - Send contracts, payment authorizations for recurring billing schedules, or other documents that require a signature. Because Flow produces a legal wet signature, any document you send can be signed electronically.
- Request photos - Flow allows photo uploads for businesses that require copies of documents or ask for photo ID during a transaction.
- Send Flows through text message, email or chat - Cater to consumers by using the channels they prefer most. Flows can be sent through email or text message. You can even share a link through your company’s customer service web chat feature.
Call Center Payment Security
Flow’s features were designed with more than just consumer ease in mind. The software is a convenient way to accept payments and keep transactions secure.
- Payment Card Industry (PCI) Compliance - Adhere to the payment card industry’s data security standards with minimum effort from staff. Using Flow takes call centers out of PCI compliance scope, whether they are in an office or work remotely at home.
- Payment Security and Risk Prevention - Flow Technology offers tokenization and encryption. It is PCI and HIPAA certified to reduce your company’s risk and provide enhanced payment security to consumers.
- Dual Authentication - Reduce fraud and meet compliance requirements by requiring dual authentication for consumers to access Flows. The shared secret you provide ensures only the right party can access the communications you send.
- Chargeback prevention - Flow offers customizable receipt text and automatic receipts sent to consumers, so they remember their payment. Flow also offers audit trail reports which allow your business to prove the right party made their payment intentionally through geolocation, date/time stamp and more.
- Regulation E - Fulfill your ACH recurring and one-time payment compliance through Flow. The software’s features offer all EFTA requirements a business must follow when carrying out electronic funds transfers.
Benefits of Flow for Call Center Payments
Flow Technology features add up to major benefits for companies, agents and consumers. Management saves time adhering to payment processing compliance and training staff on system use. Agents spend less time with consumers, maximizing the interactions they have per shift while simplifying their workflows.
Consumers who complete authorizations, payments and other actions through Flows spend less time with agents and are not as likely to become confused and overwhelmed by the actions they’re asked to take.
- Improved consumer experience - PDCflow’s software uses the digital channels consumers prefer. Flow is also more secure than other forms of communication, giving customers peace of mind. Keep their payment data private and make them feel secure by offering a portal that doesn’t redirect to an unfamiliar webpage.
- Agents close more accounts - Call center employees can stay in control of the conversation. When collecting on past due accounts, ending a call before a consumer pays is taking it on faith the transaction will be completed. By sending Flow smart requests, agents can complete all the actions while still on the phone with the consumer, ensuring payment before the call ends.
- Speed up cash flow - Call centers that require a deposit or payment in full before fulfillment can use Flow smart requests to capture a signed approval and payment in one workflow.
- Legal Wet Signature - Flow’s digital signature is considered legal, just as a traditional ink signature written on paper – with the added benefit of delivery and completion in minutes, no matter where your customers are located. There is no need to be face-to-face while documents are being signed or wait for them to be sent back by mail.
- Flexibility - Unlimited templates and the ability to choose any Flow components you require means you can design a process that fits your business needs.
- Open API integration - Configurable payment APIs make it easy to add secure payments through email and SMS to your call center software.